Wednesday, August 10, 2011



Hi, everyone! I am writing to start connecting us all – children, teacher, and parents – as we begin our wonderful kindergarten year together.

First, I'd like to introduce myself. I was born and grew up near Los Angeles, and went to college in Northern California. I moved to San Diego in 1977. I began teaching in 1980. I have taught many grade levels, but I love kindergarten best. I love the opportunity to help children fall in love with school, to consider it the place they can be their best selves.

I was a founder of SDCCS. I had a vision of a school that would create a community that would serve the needs of all kinds of families, of adults as well as children. That vision has developed a life of it's own, just as it should, and is growing and changing with the input and imaginations of all those who come here.

My children are Molly, who is almost 20 and beginning her second year of college (she graduated from SDCCS in 2006). She and her best friend, also an SDCCS graduate, are moving to Santa Cruz. John is my partners' son, who was a member of our first class to attend SDCCS from kindergarten through 8th grade. He is beginning high school at San Diego High – School of International Studies. Bill, my partner for 11 years, works for the city of San Diego. Our family likes to watch movies, go to museums, read, practice karate (kids), and yoga (me). We LOVE to travel. We have 2 dogs (one lives with John at his Moms' house) and 1 cat.

I am excited and delighted to get to know all of you. School starts in 4 WEEKS! As we get ready for the big day, we will have several opportunities to get together. The first will be a Get To Know You play date at Trolley Barn Park in University Heights, on Saturday, August 27th, from 3 to 4:30pm. This is an opportunity for the children to get a look at each other before school starts, and for the parents to begin to know the folks you will be spending this year with. I will be happy to answer your burning questions at this time as well. Bring folding chairs, snacks and sunscreen. I will bring ice, bottled water, and lemonade. I am going to call everyone by Wednesday, August 24th. If you don't hear from me, please give me a call on my cell phone: 619-723-5368.

I am ready for a great year full of learning, growing, playing and exploring together. I hope you are too!

-Ms Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment